Program 08: Kiss Me! (Embrasse-moi!)
Directed by Océane Michel and Cyprien Vial
There’s a bit of a stereotype around lesbians: that they stay friends with their exes. For Océanerosemarie (director Océane Michel), this is a bit of an understatement. See, Océane has many exes. Many. Many, many. And she’s friends with every last one of them. Even the crazy ones. Even the mean ones. Océane loves to fall in love. It’s her favorite thing, and she’s done it many times in her adult life – so much so that her friends and family all nod and roll their eyes and chuckle when she tells them about the next girl in line.
So, when she actually falls for a quiet, reserved photographer named Cécile, the people in her world do what they usually do when she tells them she’s found “The One”: they all nod and roll their eyes and chuckle. But Océane isn’t kidding this time. She knows that Cécile is it for her and she wants Cécile to know it, to feel it too. Problem is, her friends, family, and multitude of exes don’t make convincing her very easy.
Kiss Me! is a feel-good, fun romp of a romantic comedy that takes us all over the streets of Paris with Océane while she does whatever she can – whatever she must – to get the girl. But can she win Cécile’s heart for good?
— Georgia Beers
AWARDS & ACCOLADES
- OFFICIAL SELECTION, OPENING NIGHT – Hong Kong Lesbian & Gay Film Festival
- OFFICIAL SELECTION, LADIES SPOTLIGHT – OUTshine Miami LGBT Film Festival
- OFFICIAL SELECTION – Champs-Élysées Film Festival
- OFFICIAL SELECTION – Frameline San Francisco Int’l LGBTQ Film Festival
- OFFICIAL SELECTION – LesGaiCineMad Madrid LGBT Film Festival
- OFFICIAL SELECTION – TLVfest Tel Aviv Int’l LGBT Film Festival